27 August 2007



This video was linked on The Miniatures Page the other day, and I can't stop laughing at it. It's amazing.

I started working on the partially finished Rat Ogre again. I painted some details and started repainting the bandages that cover most of his torso. The first time I painted them, they came out a little too brown and blended in with the rest of the model. Probably more realistic, but not very exciting visually. This time around I'm using the same method I used for the purity seals on the Space Marines. The bandages will probably end up looking a bit too clean, but they'll "pop" a little more on the tabletop and add some color and variety to the figure.

I also sprayed some primer on my unit of Orcs, as I am going to start working on them once this Rat Ogre is done. Once I finish all that up I'll only need 4 more figures to meet my Pledge goal. Given my variable painting speeds that could take a couple of weeks or half a year.

My wife and I had our first class back at college today. It was pretty much as I expected it to be. I think that the hours from 6 to 9 in the evening on Mondays are my new least favorite part of the week. The good news is that we only have to have twenty pages of short stories written by the end of the semester. My History class doesn't have any work this week, and the work for next week doesn't count toward a grade, so in theory thast gives me enough time to get ahead on my fiction writing. I suppose we'll see how it goes. I've got an idea that I'm working out in my mind, but I don't know if it'll write out on the paper as wonderfully as it flows in my imagination. I often seem to be lacking the words to get my ideas out in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment