24 October 2007

I have finally killed my last Warmaul Ogre and collected my last Obsidian Warbead, netting me enough reputation with various World of Warcraft factions to purchase gear from their respective vendors. In the process of killing several thousand Ogres I have also netted enough gold to buy some other fancy stuff. If you're really interested in my progress to this point you can visit my player page on the WoW Armory site. I've been killing those Ogres for several months now, and with that finished I really am at a loss as far as what to do with my game time going forward. At one point I had a list made out of all the items I wanted to get and the various attachments I wanted to put on them, but it has disappeared into the pile of lists that fill every spare notebook and scratch pad in my house. For now I am grinding in the PvP instances, attempting to upgrade my boots into something a little more epic. I imagine I'll continue doing that until I find something else I really want. I will admit that the gear I'm chasing is not uber or anything, but I'm going for the most awesome gear available to someone who doesn't play WoW 40+ hours a week. And I'm going for stuff that I can get by playing solo, for the most part. It's really a compromise between wanting to have a character all decked out in Epics and wanting to have a life outside of WoW.
Long story short, I want to have some awesome gear for my online self, but I don't want to devote my entire life to it. And I recently achieved a goal I had set to get some of that gear and wanted to crow about it a little on my website.
I have to go to the dentist next week. I'm not really looking forward to that. We actually had checkups from the military dentist this past weekend, and I was surprised to hear him say that my teeth are in decent shape healthwise. They could use quite a bit of cosmetic help, though, and with my insurance coverage I may actually be able to get braces soon and get my grill sorted out.

No comments:

Post a Comment