06 December 2006

A Little Progress Today

Today's post is going to be one huge paragraph of brain dumping before bed. Feel free not to read it if you are one of my three regular readers. If you haven't been here in a while, scroll down a couple posts and there are some pictures and entertainment for you there. I started painting the fur on my Jezzail Teams today, but once I got the initial color on I lost my motivation and set them aside. So I clear-coated the Clanrats I just finished instead. I almost went outside to put primer on the last few minitures in the army, but it is cold out there and I didn't really feel like it. Also, we're out of the rubber gloves I usually use to reposition the figures while I'm priming. I only have a few more miniatures to get through before the army is finished. I think I'll probably get through all of the painting by the end of the year, but the bases and movement trays may take me into next year a little. At least I'm moving a lot faster now than I was the first 8 or 9 months of the year. At this rate I may be able to finish a few projects next year rather than just one army. But I won't get too far ahead of myself just now. I still have to tackle that stupid Warp-Lightning Cannon. The painting itself shouldn't be too bad, but all of the assembly is a beast. I finally got the chassis and barrel all put together. The model seems to be sculpted or cast poorly, so the parts weren't even close to matching. I had to use some green stuff to cover the huge gaps. It's still not pretty, but at least it's together. The paint should hide most of the issues anyway. I'd really like to paint the giant next, but that is a lot of work. He's not doing me any good unpainted in a box, though. Neither is the Witch Hunters Immolator. Or the Warlord miniatures I've accumulated. Or the pirates I've got primed but haven't looked at in months. Or the Micro Armour that Red Rick sent me for winning his contest. I also found some Quality Castings miniatures I got for my birthday when I was about 15. It's a bunch of WWII American and German stuff; an infantry pack, two tanks, and two anti-tank guns per side. Not sure if I'll do anything with them for now, as they aren't in my chosen scale for the period. Maybe I can find someone to offload them on and use the cash to buy some Micro Armour for my Eastern Front skirmish project. Right now it's time for bed, as I was dragging all day and almost got to work late this morning. I'd rather not be late again, especially with my six-month review coming up in the next week or so. It's hard to get a good raise if you sleep in all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment