01 December 2006

Another Trailer Park Story

This past Wednesday I came home from work at the usual time and when I opened my car door to get out, I heard a man sobbing loudly and repeatedly saying, "I'm not leaving until you listen to me."
I thought, "This sounds pretty interesting," and I cast my eyes about to find the source of the noises. It turned out to be across the street, where crying guy was blocking the porch, and his (apparently) ex-girlfriend was standing at the bottom of the steps talking to someone on her cell phone, making a big show of ignoring what he had to say. I fiddled with my car and tried to appear very involved in the fact that I have no stereo in my car's stereo mount.
He repeated his, "I'm not leaving until you listen to me," mantra a few times and then he got to the real point of his visit. He announced, "I promised myself and I promised God that I wouldn't give up on you."
She cut him off with, "That's nice," and continued her phone conversation.
But he wasn't done. After softening her up with that smooth "promise line," he got down to the nitty gritty. "I want to live with you!" he said. He didn't say he loved her, he didn't say he was sorry, he just wanted to live with her. I don't blame her for being unimpressed with this final remark. After this he went back to his, "I'm not leaving until you listen to me," line and I went into my house. When my wife got home he was still out there, but he had given up on speaking to his ex and was just hovering around looking pitiful. I suspect that when he took off on her he had some sort of plan for living off of someone else and when those plans fell through he was faced with the threat of pending employment, so he had to run back to his sugar-momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment