19 January 2009

We got home from our trip; I don't have much to say about that. I did stop at one game store while I was down there in Utah. The prices weren't very good compared to what you can find online, but they had a whole lot of selection. I think they had just about everything you can get from the mainstream gaming companies. There were a couple of games going on, mostly Warhammer 40k. There was a group of players playing an Apocalypse game on the new Realm of Battle gameboard. I think the game was Orks versus Chaos Space Marines. One of the guys had an Ork Battlewagon on the table. One disappointment was that almost nothing was painted. The gameboard wasn't painted or flocked and very few of the figures were painted. Everone seemed to be having a good time, though.

I had a brief look at the comic books, but I really don't think I'll ever go back to them. They have priced themselves out of my reach, and many of the titles I used to read have become political platforms for the authors to push their agendas on the reader. We realized that the Emerald City Comic Con in Seattle doesn't fall on drill weekend this year, but I really have no desire to go. It would be neat to go and meet some of the artists and get some sketches done, but I just can't get into it. I suppose that's a good thing. I'll probably try to gather a collection of comics featuring the Thing so my boy can read stories about his namesake, but other than that I'm probably done with comics for good.

School starts this week. I'm not really looking forward to it. I want to at least pass all of my classes and maybe get an idea of where I want to go with my education. Right now I'm just taking classes that I can hopefully pass in order to get off of academic probation and get my financial aid reinstated.

No comments:

Post a Comment