06 February 2007

World of Warcraft

I've been using a lot of time trying to improve my World of Warcraft character. I bought an MMORPG magazine (Beckett Massive Online Gamer) the other day that had an article featuring a guild on another server that is casual enough for you to have a life outside the game, but hardcore enough to have regular raids on the big instances. That's something my wife, my sister, my brother-in-law, and I have been looking for for a while. The main problem with this is that none of us have any characters on that other server. Normally we could just do a character transfer, but that guild is on a PvP server, and my wife and I have our characters on a PvE server. Blizzard doesn't allow transfers from one to the other. So we're faced with a dilemma. Do we start over on the other server just to join a good guild? Or do we stick with soloing on our current server so we don't lose all the time we have invested in our characters (about 650 hours in the case of my Hunter)?

The magazine also had an article on how to make lots of gold with your character. It went over the various sources of income that a character has, as well as the different things you have to spend money on. The main point of the article was that you have approximately 4 sources of income, with 1.5 of those being taken away by normal costs (armor repairs, potions, flight costs, bandages). That leaves you with 2.5 revenue streams left (half of your cloth drops and two profession slots). If you do the normal thing take a crafting and a gathering profession they pretty much cancel out, and leave you with 0.5 revenue streams. But, if you take two gathering professions you can sell everything you gather and have 2.5 full earning streams, which is five times more than the norm. After thinking about it for a while, I dropped leatherworking and picked up mining. I've been running around trying to level my mining up to the point where I can go back to Outlands and keep leveling up. Of course, if we decide to move to the other server, I'll just forget about this character for a while and work on another Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment