13 February 2007

Finished!

Today I finished painting up the last three Poisoned Wind Globadiers for my Skaven army. All I have left to do to them is clearcoat them and flock the bases. And I'm finally done with my 2000-point Skaven army, after more than a year of work.

I've got the Giant and his accessories all picked out and ready to be primed. I think he will be my next project, followed by the unit of Clanrat Slaves that will fill the army out to 2250 points. I only have 43 miniatures to paint until I have a full 3000 points of Skaven. I'm setting a tentative finish goal on the army for the last day of March. Depending on how long the Giant takes, I may have to push that date back. Everything else in those 43 minis is pretty easy to work with, although I know I'll have some green stuff work to do on the 3 Rat Ogres I have left to do.
Our new World of Warcraft guild is working out pretty well for us. I think my wife's Druid is up to level 17 or 18, and I hit 20 with my Hunter today. Hopefully it won't be too long before we're levelled up and ready to go on raids with them. I think I will just have to learn to deal with the world PvP. Yesterday I had a couple of Honor Kills against a Mage who tried to kill me while I was fighting a mob. I was able to kill him the first time he attacked me, and again when he rezzed. After that, he rezzed at the Spirit Healer, so I didn't have a chance to kill him again. I also almost won a fight against a Warrior who was two levels above me. I had him a couple of hits away from dying, and would have killed him if he hadn't hit me when I wasn't at full health. When I got back and rezzed I looked around for him to see if he wanted a fair fight, but he had taken off. I made enough gold to buy my Savory Deviate Delight recipe on the Auction House, and then I made enough gold selling Savory Deviate Delight to recoup the cost of the recipe. Now I'm trying to find another place to quest and grind out some more levels. The guild keeps offering to run us through instances and stuff, but I don't really care about gear at the moment because I'll be replacing it every few levels anyway. What I really want is to get to the 60-70 range really quickly so I can start raiding and get my end-game gear. That's the stuff I'll be wearing for a while.
I've also been thinking about my Orcs and Goblins army a lot. I'm excited to be so close to finishing my Skaven and get to work on the greenskins. I'd also really like to get my Pirate Tavern under way, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it. I need to fill out my Warlord armies one by one as well, although I can't foresee ever actually using them in a game of Warlord. That sort of bumps them to the low end of the project list.
I'm getting excited for Fantasy Baseball season. Yahoo! opens up registration for Fantasy Baseball on February 15th, so I'll probably be setting up a League for The Miniatures Page, as well as joining a few other leagues. My Fantasy Basketball teams are all doing well this year. All four of my teams are in either 2nd or 3rd place in their respective leagues, so hopefully I'll finish out the year with several trophies added to my profile.

No comments:

Post a Comment