22 March 2010

I spent the weekend having another exciting drill with the National Guard. Today was an off day at work, so I spent the time trying to get caught back up on schoolwork. I didn't quite get it all done, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I haven't had much time to think about games. I was able to pick up a few things with part of our tax return this year. I got an Ork Stompa at the local hobby shop and an Imperial Guard Stormlord at a steep discount on eBay. I also picked up some Devastators for my Space Marines. I needed some heavy weapons for my army. For Warhammer Fantasy I picked up another Dogs of War regiment, Lumpin Croop's Fighting Cocks, a unit of halfling archers with a rooster standard. I've mentioned this a few times, but even though there isn't a current list for the Dogs of War, I really like the models and would like to get enough for a "counts-as" Empire army. Some of the models are getting pretty hard to find. One set I'd really like to get is the Giants of Albion with Hengus the Druid, but they fetch a pretty penny on eBay.

It's getting warm enough that I should probably start riding the motorcycle to work most days. I enjoy riding it, but sometimes when it's a bit chilly out I don't like taking fifteen minutes in the morning to put on all my extra winter gear.

I really want to dig out a few minutes to put some more figures together. There just doesn't seem to be enough time in a day to get everything done.

1 comment:

  1. I have collected Dogs of war regiments but they cost blood. John

    ReplyDelete