27 March 2010

Combi-Flamer Finished

I found some time to slap some primer on the nine Space Marines (two Sergeants, two heavy weapons, and five Assault Terminators) I'm working on. I was able to convert a Combi-Flamer for one of the Sergeants. At first I chopped up a Combi-Melta for the conversion, but the nozzle for the flamer extended too far down and interfered with the muzzle of the bolter. So I did some chopping on a Combi-Plasma and got it to look all right. I'm not sure how solid the attachment for the flamer's fuel tank is, though. It might fall off. If that happens I'll have to side-mount it and run some hoses into the body of the weapon. So I hope it doesn't fall off.

I also got part of the basecoat put on a few of the figures. It's not a lot of progress, but it's a little bit. I don't have much else going on at the moment on the hobby side of things. I am painfully slow at painting. I am a little envious of those folks who turn out a new squad or vehicle every few days. It is often discouraging to look at all of the projects I really want to do and realize that at my current rate I'll die of old age before finishing them. I guess I need to paint faster or find more time to paint with.


  1. The combi-flamer looks good, can't wait to see more.

    If you're looking for a bit more canister stability you could always give your boltgun a straight mag (like a FN-FAL), cut off the canister top so you have a larger, flat area, and glue that to the body of the gun.

    Might be too much work but it'd solve your fragile problem...

  2. I did file the canister down a little bit to create a better attachment point and I even considered pinning the join, but I think it'll stay together all right, especially once it gets a few layers of paint and some varnish over the top of it.

    I am pretty pleased with the way it turned out, but it's too bad I messed up my Combi-Melta before switching over and using the COmbi-Plasma as a base instead.