06 October 2008

I didn't get anything done on the Orcs today. Instead I decided to mow the lawn and clear some junk out of the house. Soon we'll be moving stuff around in the bedroom so we'll be able to fit all of the bookshelves and baby stuff in there, which will free up space in the rest of the house. I'll probably have to construct a different and smaller habitat for the tortoise, as his current home dominates a very large portion of the living room and he only utilizes a small area in it. A couple months ago I put out some grass seed in the back yard. It finally grew in a little, so at least that part of the yard is no longer a total mud pit/dust bowl. I only seeded the part of the yard that's visible from the road first, as that's all the park managers can see from their golf cart. Now I just need to get the rest of the yard taken care of. I didn't want to dump money into the whole yard until I knew that this grass would actually survive the rigors of two large dogs.

I think that once I get this batch of Orcs done I'll paint up five Terminators from the Black Reach set. The Bolter and Chainsword website has a handy Space Marine painter tool that lets you try out various paint schemes. The pictures below show what I think I'll be going with for my Space Marines. I'll probably order some WWII US armor decals to put on the shoulderpads, and squad numbers will go on the colored knee pads (the color designates which Company of the Chapter the model is a part of). The helmets were originally green in color, but I saw a picture in the How to Paint Space Marines book of a Chapter that had metallic helmets and I thought that was a pretty good idea, so I'm going to try it. I thought the metallic powerfist was a pretty good idea as well. We'll see how it turns out.
I also worked out my Ork army list using the Army Builder software. I don't know how great the list is, but it incorporates most of the models I've already got as well as a couple of other things I think are neat, like a Deff Dread and a Killa Kan. I'm still waiting on building a Space Marine army list as I don't have the new Codex yet. With what I've got already I should be pretty close to 1500 points, but I'm not sure yet. I may need a Rhino or Razorback, and I still would like to add an Assault Squad and some Scouts. But by the time I add all that I'll probably be up over my points limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment