26 October 2008

I am very near to being done with this pair of Terminators. All that's left is painting a couple of cables on their arms and deciding what color, if any, I want to highlight the green with. I was going to take a picture so this post isn't entirely worthless, but the batteries on the camera are dead. I'd better charge them, as we may want to take some pictures of the baby when he shows up. With the Space Marine army coming along, it's time to start thinking about the decals I'll need for shoulderpads and squad numbers.

My eventual goal is to get 1500 points of Marines finished so I have at least one finished force for both Warhammer and Warhammer 40k. Hobbytown has a game night every Tuesday, and supposedly the shift supervisor stays around until midnight so people can finish their games. I figure if I show up with Skaven and Space Marines I'll be able to play whichever game happens to be going on. The reason I went with Space Marines over Orks as the first finished force is that I've already got 1500 points of Space Marine figures on hand. The Orks are going to take a while longer to accumulate. Of course, there is still a lot of kit for both armies that I still want. I've been reading some about Space Marine Scouts and at some point I'd like to get one of the new Land Speeders and build it as the Storm variant, which allows the Land Speeder to carry five Scouts around and theoretically drop off a heavy weapons team or a sniper squad in a convenient area before continuing on it's own mission. Now that I've settled on a color scheme I hope the army will come together pretty quickly. I am a little worried about getting all the vehicles painted. I've got a Land Raider, a Predator, at least one Dreadnought, and a Land Speeder to paint. I haven't done much painting of such large figures, so that will be a learning experience. I've been messing around with my airbrush, just spraying water so far, ut hopefully my skills will be up to the task of at least laying down a basecoat on the vehicles.

1 comment: