19 July 2007

My new computer got to my house today, although it almost didn't make it. Even though the box had my address printed correctly on it, UPS put it on the doorstep of a house down the street. Luckily, the lady who lives there was honest enough to come tell my wife about the mistake. The box wouldn't fit in my wife's car, so she had to take it all apart on the lady's porch and load it up piece by piece.

Once I got home from work I set it all up and got ready to transfer my files from the old computer to the new one. That was incredibly frustrating. First the new computer wouldn't connect to the wireless network. Then the old computer wouldn't read the Shared Files folder anymore. Then the old computer wouldn't burn a cd. Finally I had to go over to my brother-in-law's house to get out of the house before I tossed both computers out this window. He had a cable that I was able to use to get the files from one machine to the other, and now all that's left to do is get World of Warcraft up and running. I think I'm going to have to get a wirless keyboard, as my desk is missing it's keyboard tray and the cable from the keyboard to the computer is very much in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment