26 January 2007

I was supposed to go to bed half an hour ago, but I haven't quite got around to it yet. I think it's because I actually worked my eight hours at work and came home a little later than I'm used to. It's good because it means more money in the bank, but it sort of throws my schedule off.
I think I am dying of some sort of bronchitis. I had a sore throat for several days last week and it transformed into an awful dry cough that I can't control. It sort of reminds me of the bronchitis I had for something like half of eighth grade. I laid on the couch and coughed for like six months. I hope I don't have to go through that again.
I redid my Orcs and Goblins army list before work. I couldn't find the previous list, although in retrospect I realized that it's here on my blog somewhere. But it was nice to start fresh. I did a 1000-point list, a 2000-point list, a 2250-point list, and a 3000-point list. I sort of imagine the lists following the career of an Orc Warboss during his rise from a tribal chieftain to the leader of a large Waaaggghhhh! I ditched the Savage Orcs completely, and tonight when I priced out the list it came to about $100 less than the previous list, even though there are a lot more miniatures in this army. I think it's cheaper because I've got so many plastic regiment boxes in this army as opposed to all of the metal miniatures in the other one.
I've been going over the list in my head and comparing it to my Skaven lists at the various point levels. I'm having a hard time deciding if the Skaven would have a chance against the Orcs and Goblins. As far as I can tell the Orcs and Goblins would overwhelm the Skaven with sheer power. I don't think my Skaven army list has enough numbers to be the horde army it's designed to be. The deciding factor would probably be the various war machines (Warp-Lightning Cannon), weapon teams (Jezzail teams, Ratling Gun, Warpfire Thrower), and specialized troops (Poisoned Wind Globadiers, Plague Censer Bearers) in the Skaven army.

No comments:

Post a Comment