29 November 2006

Skaven Army List

I have not posted my army list yet, so I guess now would be a good time to do it. I have a couple of issues with the list as it stands now. First, I don't really have any set place to put the Warlord and Battle Standard Bearer. As far as I know, it is customary to have the spellcasters move independently. From what I've read recently, the new edition of Warhammer makes it easier to shoot at characters in the open, so most characters are now attached to units. I could designate units for the Warlord and Standard Bearer to join, cut one model from those units to make room and then make the points up elsewhere, but that would mostly be for vanity purposes so I don't have a one-model rear rank on the unit. I think I'll just stick with the list as-is and attach the characters to whatever units need the extra manpower. My other issue lies with the legality of the Warlock Engineer carrying Dispel Scrolls. Theoretically, he is a spellcaster and can use the scrolls, but I've never seen a list using a Warlock Engineer in that way. Usually people take a Plague Priest or Grey Seer to fill that role. On to the list. One thing to keep in mind is that I built this list for flavor as well as to include the models I wanted to paint. It may or may not be competitive, as I have yet to play any games of Warhammer. Also, I'm not sure if I'll be finding any games locally to play with my Skaven, as the moderator of the Boise Warhammer Yahoo! Group recently posted this to the Skavenlair Yahoo! Group:
If anyone is interested in picking up my Skaven army let me know. I have to many armies (4) and people locally do not like playing my Skaven. PM me I will send you a list.
Not exactly a good sign for a new player to the group to have an army that everyone hates to play. I have noticed several posts lately that say in essence, "Looking for a game on [date] at [place], no Skaven!" I'm not exactly sure what is so bad about playing against Skaven, but maybe this guy has a really cheesy army or something. I guess I'll burn that bridge when I get to it.
The List
Characters
Warlord - Weeping Blade, Warpstone Armour, Great Weapon, Heavy Armour
182 pts.
Chieftain - Battle Standard Bearer, Umbranner
105 pts.
Warlock Engineer - Warp-Blades, Upgraded Warp-Energy Condenser, Super- Charged Warp-Power Accumulator, Dispel Scroll x2
135 pts.
Core
25 Clanrats - Spears, Full Command, Warpfire Thrower
250 pts.
25 Clanrats - Spears, Full Command, Ratling Gun
235 pts.
25 Clanrats - Full Command
150 pts.
20 Stormvermin - Full Command, Shields
205 pts.
10 Night Runners - Additional Hand Weapon, Nightleader
80 pts.
9 Night Runners - Throwing Stars, Nightleader
73 pts.
20 Clanrat Slaves
40 pts.
20 Clanrat Slaves
40 pts.
2 Poisoned Wind Globadiers
20 pts.
Special
5 Warplock Jezzails
100 pts.
2 Rat Ogres - Packmasters
100 pts.
20 Plague Monks - Additional Hand Weapon, Full Command
185 pts.
Rare
Warp-Lightning Cannon
100 pts.
The list comes out to exactly 2000 points, with 422 points spent on Characters, 1093 points of Core Units, 385 points of Special units, and 100 points of Rare units. One alternate list is to swap out a Dogs of War Giant with the Stormvermin unit. I still have not worked out any additions to the list to bring it to 2250 or 3000 points, although for the 2250 list I think I just have to add the Giant and a unit of 20 Clanrat Slaves to bring it to 2245.

No comments:

Post a Comment