30 November 2008

Even though my wife, the critter and I were all sick with some sort of head cold this weekend it was a pretty good holiday. Thursday we had the big Thanksgiving feast at my parents' house with all of my siblings present. I don't remember Friday at all; I think we spent the day taking medicine and trying to sleep. Saturday the girls had a baby shower for my sister (an even that I thankfully did not have to attend) and I went out to the farm to shoot guns with my dad, my brother, and my brother-in-law. They had the whole collection out so we got to fire a variety of different weapons and enjoy each other's company. There were several other groups of guys out there in roughly the same area doing the same thing, so I guess maybe a Thanksgiving weekend shoot is a common tradition out there.

About the only thing I've done on the hobby side of things is write up a couple of 1000-point lists for Flames of War. The critter has been keeping very odd hours, so the wife and I spend a lot of time trading off so we can both get a little sleep here and there. It's interesting how carrying around a new baby is like an invitation for strangers to start conversations with you. At Wal-Mart the other day we probably had four or five groups of people talk to us about the kid. Most folks comment about his full head of hair.

Once again I have stayed up way past my bedtime. I was up a little too late anyway, then I remembered that I had to give myself a haircut so I wouldn't be a hippie at work tomorrow, then because of the haircut I had to take a shower, and then I wanted to post on my blog before the week starts. Now it's midnight and I have to wake up in just over five hours.

Three of my four Fantasy Football teams have made the playoffs, including the important ones from the office league and the Miniatures Page league. The team that didn't make it has scored a lot of points but due to matchups always played the other teams on their best weeks, so that team is sitting at 8th place out of 10 teams. Hopefully I can win some trophies this year.

2 comments:

  1. I could picture you with long hair, and you would definitely look like a hippie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I am not a fan of the Jazz, or any team for that matter, I do not need your negative comments on MY family blog. Love ya.
    Congrats on the kid bro. This is your first right? Your whole life is about to change entirely, but I assure you... It's all worth it.

    Ryan.

    ReplyDelete