16 March 2008

The Weekend

It's been a busy weekend, with a lot going on. My wife's grandmother passed away after struggling with Alzheimer's and a bout of pneumonia, so my wife is on her way to Georgia for the funeral. It's sad that she died, but her quality of life was getting worse as time went on and she seemed ready to get on with things.

I finally sorted through all the Orcs & Goblins. I technically have enough figures on-hand to go right up to 3000 points, but there are still a few units I want to buy because I like the figures. I still need a unit of Black Orcs, some Squig Hoppers, and a few Stone Trolls. I'm not sure when I'll actually start in on the project, though, as I've got a boatload of Lord of the Rings figures to wade through first. At least I'm that much closer to having all the Warhammer Fantasy figures I need to play 3000 points in two different armies (Skaven and Orcs & Goblins).

I had two Fantasy Baseball drafts this weekend. I slept through half of one of them and ran to my computer to find that the auto-pick feature had overvalued Stolen Bases and ignored pitching entirely. I should still have a decent team, but I don't think it will win the league. At least the computer didn't auto-draft anyone who is injured. As for the draft I didn't sleep through, I think I did pretty well. I'm a little worried about my pitching staff and my batting averages, but the team should hold its own in most categories. So far I've had three drafts and each one has been a little worse than the others. Hopefully I'll be able to pick my game back up for the final draft, which sees me trying to do a little better in this year's edition of the TMP Fantasy Baseball League.

In addition to working on army lists and playing at Fantasy Baseball, I did some house-cleaning and spent some time with the wife before she left on her trip. I've been able to hold off on re-opening my World of Warcraft account, and I think after a few more months I could be at a point where I'll stop thinking about it altogether. It is a dreadful time dump.

For the next week my plan is to switch my schedule around so I go to bed a little earlier at night and have more time to do things in the morning before work. We'll see how that goes. Hopefuly now that I've got the Orcs & Goblins all sorted out I can push forward and get some figures painted up.

No comments:

Post a Comment