04 December 2007

In this post I mentioned the series of auctions that are going on so a little boy can get some hearing aids. My minis all arrived this week; five Mordheim blister packs and an old Skaven Screaming Bell. I am very seriously considering several more packs from the Mordheim range, so I can fill out warbands for the Sisters of Sigmar and the Witch Hunter factions. Several miniature companies have donated rare or studio-painted figures for the auctions, and they've been fetching decent prices.
In the latest White Dwarf magazine there is a little article for a map-based campaign in the Lord of the Rings universe. You can find the map here. I think it looks like a lot of fun, even just as a motivation to paint a few hundred points of models from several different armies. The LotR minis are pretty nice, especially at the price point they have for basic infantry ($23-25 for 20-25 figures).
My Fantasy Football teams didn't do so well this week, going 2-2 to bring me to 34-18 on the season (11-2, 9-4, 7-6, 7-6). That wouldn't be so bad, except that the teams that already had playoff spots won and the teams that were fighting for a berth lost. One of my 7-6 teams is barely clinging to a playoff slot and the other is one slot out of playoff contention right now, but with tough matchups next week it's going to be very hard for them to stay in the race.

No comments:

Post a Comment