24 December 2007

Orcs & Goblins Update

I've been struggling to come up with a theme for my Orcs and Goblins army. I want them to have plenty of variety and a lot of color, but I also want them to look like they all belong together. I didn't really want to do red or green or brown as I already have various forces in those colors. I read a bunch of articles on themed armies and greenskin tribes in particular, but didn't really see anything that jumped out at me. While I was painting the straps on the armor for my first few Orcs I came up with an idea for using blue colors to tie the army together. After some more thought I came up with an idea that incorporates the comical aspects of the Games Workshop version of Orcs as well as a unified color theme.
I present to you the Blu Jeenz tribe, led by the famous Savage Orc Pantsmaker Lurv-Eye Stross. That pretty much sums it up. It makes me laugh and it's given me the motivation I need to paint these figures. I even have some ideas for customized banners that will hopefully turn out all right. The blue pants can unify the army, leaving me free to paint shirts, helmets, and other clothing in whatever colors I want. Here's a work-in-progress photo:

No comments:

Post a Comment