28 July 2010

Wargames Foundry Books 50% Off

Wargames Foundry is having a sale on their books.  I'm not sure how long the sale will last, but all of their books are 50% off.  I've got most of the Foundry books I want, although the Foundry Compendium and a few packs of soldiers to fight my Pirates is a tempting proposition.  Any order from Foundry that includes books comes with free shipping, which helps a little to subsidize the high cost of the figures.  Usually I buy my Foundry books through Amazon, but under the sale the Compendium can be had for $15.75, beating out the Amazon price of $21.67.  Most of the recent glitzy rulebooks (The Rules With No Name, Napoleon) can be had for $26.25, while they are on Amazon for $35.10.  So if there are any books from Foundry you've been looking at, now could be a good time to get them.

I, like much of the hobby, it seems, have a bit of a love/hate relationship with Foundry.  I really like their sculpts, but their regular list prices always seem to be a little more than I want to pay.  Even their sale prices leave me feeling a bit iffy.  I've been wanting one of their Pirate Horde deals since probably 1997, but I've never actually been able to bring myself to complete the purchase.  Usually I just pick up random lots on eBay or through The Miniatures Page at steep discounts.

One thing I would like to try is the Foundry Flesh Paint line.  I've grown a little tired of the same three Games Workshop colors and I'd like to add a little diversity to my Empire and Imperial Guard armies.  The Foundry paint is more expensive per bottle, but it contains more paint and works out to be cheaper per unit.  I've got nothing in the hobby budget at the moment, so I'll probably wait another year or so to give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. I agree, I've been tempted many times by things like the Argonauts sets, but have yet to pull the trigger.

    THanks for the heads up; just ordered the Risings and Rebellions book

    ReplyDelete