20 October 2009

A Thought on Hobby Crossover and Dwarf Cavalry

My wife and I have logged back into World of Warcraft, which is pretty fun. It's a bit of an old change I think, but I like the addition of the Achievements system. Having a bunch of those little mini-goals works well, especially for a solo player. This weekend I hit level 75 and went up to Dalaran, the main hangout in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion. While there I found a vendor willing to sell me a Bear mount and I promptly bought it. I have some quest reward Viking-style helmet and a big axe, so when mounted my character looks a lot like this sculpt from Reaper. I almost want to go and paint that figure up. I'm not sure what the appeal is, but there is something awesome about a VIKING DWARF RIDING AN ANGRY BEAR AND CARRYING A BIG AXE!

Not much going on with other hobbies. I've been running and working out in the mornings as my job gives me three hours a week to devote to it. I figure that if they're going to give me the time I might as well try to get a little healthier and maybe grow some bigger arms. I hate to say it, but I feel a little more energized on the days I actually do something physical before work instead of just crawling out of bed and dozing through the morning.

I am finding school rather difficult at the moment. I'm clinging to B's in most of my classes and need to crack down just a little harder as far as studying and making sure I know the material. Usually by the time I get home I just want to relax and hang out with my family. There is something to be said for finishing your degree while young and unattached.

No comments:

Post a Comment