22 March 2007

Just in case you were wondering, the video in my previous post stems from a thread on The Miniatures Page. Someone posted a link to a different version of that video, but I did a search and found a more complete one that captures every awesome piece of choreography.
I tried out my proposed method for varnishing minis on my contest entry by brushing on the satin finish, waiting until it dried, and then brushing on the flat finish. It seems to have worked, although it looks like I've had a couple areas where the flat finish gobbed up a little into a sort of spiderweb pattern. I'm not sure if there was some sort of contaminant on my brush or if I used too much varnish or if I just haven't made sufficient offerings to the paint gods this month and gobby varnish is their punishment for me. It's not too noticeable, so I'll probably just leave it as is for now. I can't bother with it too much as I need to take the mini in to the hobby shop tomorrow. I didn't get it turned in today as I slept in a bit and mostly just had time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment