08 August 2006

Ninja Master!

I haven't posted for a while, as I've been caught up in other things for a couple of weeks. For feeling so busy lately, I really don't have anything to show for it except a messy house. I finally put the finishing touches on the five Stormvermin I was working on last month, so that unit is 75% complete and I'm up to 106 miniatures painted this year. At this rate I will finish my Skaven army sometime in 2012 and my Witch Hunters army three or four years after that. My pirates project will be finished after I move to the Mars colony in 2037. I do have a picture of the Stormvermin I've got done so far.

I also have all of the miniatures I need to paint for my two starting Reaper Warlord armies. It's only 20 figures (and 10 of them are skeletons, easy money), so hopefully once I finish my last rank of Stormvermin I'll be able to knock those out really fast and invite my brother-in-law over for a game. If he's too busy, at least I'll be able to get some solo games in. After that I will probably work on some of the smaller Skaven units, like my two Poisoned Wind Globadiers, a Ratling Gun team, and some Night Runners with throwing stars.

Probably most of my time recently has gone toward World of Warcraft. My wife and I want to have our characters to level 60 by the time the expansion comes out, and we should be pretty close to making it. My Fantasy Baseball teams have finally started taking off. I'm ranked 4th, 3rd, 2nd, and 2nd in my leagues. Fantasy Football season is coming up, so that's pretty exciting.

And the school year is getting close to starting. I'm currently signed up for two classes, although I'm not sure if they'll work out with my schedule. I may have to switch some things around if I want to go to school and actually pass this semester. It's hard for me to go to school anyway, but now that I've been away for so long it makes it even harder. It doesn't help that Boise State University has inferior instructors and their website is a mess to work with. The University of Idaho is so much better, but there are no jobs up in Moscow unless you want to work at minimum wage. Even then, you'll be fighting a million people for jobs. I also don't like all of the anti-Bush and anti-government baloney that goes on in the classrooms. It's fine if you feel that way, but I'm paying to be educated on English or History or Science, not on some teacher's view of the current world situation. I especially hate sitting in classes with fresh-out-of-high-school kids want to tell me exactly what's going on in Iraq. Maybe once you've been there you can tell me about it, kiddies. Rant over.

I had an interesting experience in my car today. Some guy in a 280Z pulled up behind us at a light and I could tell he was looking at me. Then he took out this big yellow camera, held it outside of his window, and took a picture of my car. At the next light we were in the left-turn lane and he pulled up beside us and said, "Looking good!" I guess he's a fan of Z-cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment