18 May 2007

I haven't done any painting since my last post. I didn't win the painting contest last month. This month's category is Pirates, and I'm having a hard time getting started. I think I've finally got a miniature picked out, so maybe tomorrow I'll actually start on it.
I went fishing this weekend with my parents and my little brother. We stayed the night at the campground in my parent's camp trailer and played Chinese Checkers. In the morning one of my dad's friends brought his boat to the reservoir on his trailer and we headed out. We tried a couple of spots, but the fishing was slow, and we had to move around quite a bit before we found a dock with some Crappie underneath it. The two veteran fisherman were getting skunked on the Crappie fishing, so we went out to search for some Bass.
My brother had to answer the call of nature, so we pulled the boat over and he went off into the bushes to do his business. When he came back, he announced that he'd just peed on a snake. My dad wanted to go see what kind of snake it was, so we went up to look at it. It turned out to be a rattlesnake, and when it saw us it coiled up and started buzzing. My brother is lucky that he didn't get bitten, but not many people can say they've peed on a rattlesnake.
We found a pretty nice stretch of river for Bass, and pulled in quite a few. The veteran fishermen (my dad and his friend) did a lot better at catching Bass, and several of them were keepers. There were a lot of people on the water who didn't do so well, so even though it was slow, it was a pretty good trip. I even got a nice sunburn on my neck.

No comments:

Post a Comment