26 September 2006

Painting Progress

I finally finished my unit of Stormvermin, and they don't look too bad. I'm always surprised at how many colors I end up using on a group of miniatures. Just looking at them, you'd think I'd only used maybe 10 or 12 colors. But I must have 20 or more paint pots on my desk. Off the top of my head, I used 4 browns, 5 or 6 different metallics, 3 greens, 3 pink/purples, a couple of reds, 3 inks, a white color, and a couple of blues just on this unit of Stormvermin. Unfortunately, my camera battery died just as I was about to take pictures, so I have to wait until later to put photos up.
Since the picture-taking thing wasn't working too well, I started some Clanrats to fill in a unit I'd already painted most of. After I painted the first 20, I made some changes to my army list and added five more rats to that unit, so I have to paint these ones to match the others. So far I have their fur finished and I might be able to finish them up tomorrow. Things go a lot faster once you've already got a color scheme to go off of.
I've been thinking about a car project, but I don't really know what I want to do. I'd like to get my 300ZX up to the point where everything works a little better. It isn't running terribly, but it sounds rough and things like the windshield washers, A/C, and hatch hydraulics aren't working. I also need to do something with the headliner and a couple of loose parts on the interior. Also, the passenger mirror fell off yesterday on the way to church. My wife had her arm out the window, so she was able to catch it, but I need to put it back on. It's a pretty fun little car, but I don't know if it's worth putting a whole lot of time and money into beyond keeping it running and functional.
I've thought about buying an older Z-car to mess around with, but I don't know if that's really what I want to do, mostly because I have recently thought of an even more awesome project. My dad has a 1951 Ford F-100 that would look really nice if someone took the time to clean it up. I haven't talked to him about it yet, but I think fixing up an old truck like that would be a lot more rewarding and infinitely cooler than working on a Z-car. I've been looking at a few similar projects online and the idea isn't really much more than a "wouldn't it be cool if..." thought yet, but it's something to think about.
After three weeks, my fantasy football teams are a combined 8-4 (all 4 teams are 2-1). Not the best record, but I am competitive in all of my leagues. It's also the last week for fantasy baseball. In my rotisserie league I'll probably finish second. In one league I'm already out of the playiffs, having finished in sixth place. And in the leagues that I'm still playing in I'm fighting for a championship and for third place. Not a terrible season overall.
I've all but lost my desire to play World of Warcraft lately. It was a lot of fun pushing to get to level 60, but now that I'm there it seems like I waste so much time trying to get into a raid group for instances that it's pointless to play. In the last couple weeks I've probably put 3 to 4 hours into trying to get a group together with nothing to show for it. If that's how it's going to be I'd rather just paint miniatures or something. I think my camera is charged, so I'm going to go take some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment