10 January 2011

More Progress

I've been making some progress on my Dwarf army, with most of the base colors blocked in. I am deviating somewhat from the painting guide to give the troops some variety. Armor, shields, and weapons are all the same colors, but I've chosen a few different colors for shirts and beards. I failed to have my wife send me one set of gray paints, so for the Dwarves with gray beards I am using the group with more blue in it, I think it's Shadow Gray, Space Wolves Gray, and Skull White rather than Codex Gray, Fortress Gray, and Skull White, which are the more traditional grays. Something along those line. I painted a test figure and he looks all right from a distance, so it should be okay. I will probably wind up needing those other gray colors at some point, but for now it's okay. Overall I am happy with the paint scheme. The figures won't win any awards, but I think they will look good as an army out on the table, especially if I can slog through them all. If I can do it, it will be my second fully-painted army, though the Skaven may not count anymore with all of the changes to the rule system and the army book.

No comments:

Post a Comment