21 April 2006

This Is What I Have to Deal With Every Day

There are days when I want to kill this dog. He's absolutely freakin' cute, but he constantly terrorizes my life. It's like that old Dobie Gillis show where the dad always says, "I gotta kill that kid." Some days I feel like killing my Basset Hound. Of course, in this picture he's resting. It's hard work getting into the cleaning supplies, eating your own poop, eating other dogs' poop, barking at all hours of the night, peeing in the house when the doggie door is fully functional, playing in your pee, sticking your wet nose on everyone, drinking water until your belly swells up, and throwing tantrums whenever things don't go your way. I love him to death, but sometimes I have to wonder why we bought him. He sure enjoys every minute of life, though.


And here is why we only take pictures of our dogs when they're resting:

This is our good dog, who just had her first birthday. By good dog, I mean that she pees outside, doesn't bark much, and comes when called about 35% of the time.

And here is the Canoness I started painting today. My first stages of painting usually look like a train wreck, but I add detail and tighten up lines as the miniatures get closer to completion. Someone on The Miniatures Page was discussing that some expert painters' figures look awful right up until they add the finishing touches. I don't claim to be an expert, but my minis sure look worse before they get better. I don't really like gold at all, but it fits the theme of the army so I'll just do my best to make it look good. The gold didn't coat as well as the Boltgun Metal did on the Battle Sisters squad, so I'll have to go over it again. The red will need a couple more coats as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment