14 April 2006

More Painting, and City of Villains

I painted the trim and iconography of my Battle Sisters today. I decided to paint it in Dwarf Bronze. I'll probably stick to the metallics for the trims as well, using a contrasting metal color for each type of unit. So the color scheme will be something like:
  • Troops - Boltgun Metal, Bronze
  • HQ - Gold, Boltgun Metal
  • Fast Attack - Bronze, Tin
  • Heavy Support - Tin, Gold

I'm still deciding what I want to do with helmets and weapons. Once I get those all painted I'll just have to do some ink washes and paint the faces. The squad isn't taking as long as I thought it would, even though I've invested quite a bit of time into it.

I found a code in one of my comic books for a fee 7-day trial of City of Villains. I downloaded it last night, tried to play it for a little while, and was reminded of why I quit playing City of Heroes and switched to World of Warcraft. It's just not a very exciting game.

No comments:

Post a Comment