15 January 2011

The 11 Dwarf Warriors I've been working on are finished. There are still some things I may do to them eventually, but for the moment I am calling them done. They look pretty good to me, and I hope I can burn through the next 100 figures fairly over the next few months. I wish I had a lot more free time, as there are about 3 million different wargaming projects I'd like to complete. With the recent Skaven releases I've been thinking about various Skaven armies based on the different clans described in the fluff. I've ordered the new Uniforms and Heraldry of the Skaven book from Games Workshop. It should be a good reference for idea. I used the Uniforms and Heraldry of the Empire book quite extensively when deciding on the colors for my Empire troops.

I've read rumors on a couple of blogs today that Wargames Factory may be under new management/going out of business/changing business models. Some people have waited a couple of months without receiving their figures, and it looks like they might be out of luck entirely. I ordered a Saxon army deal a while back, but it arrived without any trouble. It would be a disappointment if they do go out of business, as many of their figures are quite neat, and I have ongoing projects based on the Wargames Factory Vikings and Saxons. I'm sure I could mix them with other manufacturers, but I tend to enjoy keeping my forces consistent. We'll see how it shakes out.

There is a fair bit of down time when I'm on duty, so I brought my Dwarves into the office to paint during the slow times. I water down my paint pots so I can paint directly from the pot and shut things down quickly by wiping my brush off and closing the lid if something comes up. So far the other guys have shown a bit of interest in the painting of the figures, but not particularly in the game itself. One of the guys I work with is a former Warhammer player, but he said he quit the game because he and his friends would fight over the rules and that the books were written in such a way that the only way to win was to out-cheat the other player. I think that they might have been going into things with the wrong attitude. He's one of those folks who look down on everyone they meet as an inferior intellect, so it's a bit of a chore to talk to him anyway. At least there is plenty of time to paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment